2020/21 was a very different year for our volunteer team. From May our work to maintain the walkway and control INNS was directly requested by CEC Parks and Greenspaces to help maintain social distancing on the path and remove the risk posed by harmful plants. So small Hit Squad tasks resumed in June as lockdown eased and continued all year. In total The Trust has carried out 2647 hours on the following tasks
• Walkway maintenance and path-work; fence building, drain clearance, handrail construction, step replacement, path scraping and vegetation control
• River clean-ups; in the channel with waders, in the boat in Leith, bankside, walkway and surrounding parks/greenspace
• Invasive Species Control; Giant Hogweed* and Japanese Knotweed Control & hand pulling Himalayan Balsam
• Management of habitats; four meadows and 4 community garden spaces all on council land
• Ecological Surveys and Spiling Works
The team will continue over the Christmas break so do give them a wave and a cheer if you pass and CLICK ON ME to download the latest update from the Conservation Team to see what we have been up to lately.